The library has almost everything you need to complete your income tax returns. Although we can’t make filing taxes less painful, we can make it more convenient for you.
Tax forms and publications available for the current tax filing season:
- Free copies of commonly used Illinois and federal (IRS) income tax forms
- A large supply of Extension and Estimated Tax forms
- Reproducible copies of most federal publications
- Reproducible copies of past federal and state forms and booklets from the last five years
If we do not have a form or publication, we can find it online for you.
Local Tax Assistance and Counseling
Walk-in service only.
310 West Church Street, Champaign
You may ask questions to help you prepare your tax return, or ask about a notice you have received.
Individuals: Toll-free, 1-800-829-1040
People with hearing impairments: Toll-free, 1-800-829-4059 (TDD)
Businesses: Toll-free, 1-800-829-4933
The local IDR office closed in 2002, but phone help is available.
Individuals: Toll-free 1-800-732-8866 or 1-217-782-3336
People with hearing impairments: 1-800-544-5304 (TDD)
Business Hot Line: 1-217-524-4772
You may also consult the IDR’s Taxpayer Answer Center.
Tax Resources Online
- ABANetwork: Filing Your Return with a Tax Preparer
- Advice for Choosing a Tax Return Preparer
- e-file Providers for Taxpayers
- Federation of Tax Administrators: State Tax Forms
- Free File: If your adjusted gross income was $57,000 or less you can use Free File to file federal taxes online.
- Illinois Department of Revenue (IDR): Consult this site for Illinois tax info or to file your IL-1040 online.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)